Farmers on 57th is accepting applications for its 2012 Urban Farming Apprenticeship! This full season learning experience will immerse apprentices into the world of ecological farming. It is a practical, hands-on experience in which apprentices exchange their labour and commitment for instruction, supervision and mutual commitment.
The position is part-time (16 hrs/week) from February-October, and Fo57th is seeking 3-4 apprentices in total. Besides a wealth of education, apprentices will receive a weekly box of seasonal veggies.
Application deadline: February 1st, 2012
Please submit your application to Tess and Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org with answers to the following questions:
- What’s your motivation for wanting to apprentice with Farmers on 57th?
- How does this apprenticeship fit into your future plans?
- What is your gardening and/or food growing background?
- Are you able to commit for the entire growing season? Do you foresee any obstacles to fulfilling this commitment?
- What other relevant skills do you have?