***Update: Please click here to see the route map for our three free FarmAde Shuttle buses, which will run from 3pm onward!****
We’re pleased to welcome you to the 9th annual FarmAde this Friday, Sept 16 from 3-8pm! Our free-admission, all-ages event serves as a celebration of food, music and community at Vancouver’s very unique urban farm. Where else in the city would you find audience-participation square dancing, children’s potato sack racing, belly dancing and farm-fresh food at one event?
This year, we’re excited to feature:
- 3:15pm-4pm The Ponderosas
- 4:15pm-4:45pm UBCimprov
- 5pm-5:45pm The Nine Pound Jammers
- 5:50pm-6:10pm Belly dancing – Quartet followed by Maki
- 6:15pm-7:30pm Shout!WhiteDragon with audience-participation square dancing!
- Vegan, vegetarian and local, free-range beef burgers
- Smoothies & juice from The Juice Caboose (organic, vegan, gluten free and soy free)
- Farm-fresh corn and organic UBC Farm veggies
- Organic, fair trade baked goods from Sprouts (vegan options)
- A beverage garden featuring handcrafted brew from East Van’s Storm Brewing
- A supervised children’s area with face painting, outdoor canvas painting, potato sack racing, bubble wands and more!
- Community Info Fair with ForestEthics, the Wilderness Committee, Campus + Community Planning, Delta Farmland & Wildlife Trust, by-donation repairs from the AMS Bike Co-Op and more!
- Free tours of the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm (4:30pm and 5:30pm)
- Free shuttle van and free bicycle valet