Mark Bomford, the program director at UBC Farm, and Samara Brock, big-time friend of the Farm, will both be part of the speaking panel at this event. Should be a very interesting evening!
Urban Food Renaissance: A discussion on issues of food security, policy, and health
Summary: What are the challenges facing planners and policy makers in addressing issues related to food security and public health? How can we contribute to effective actions that address these challenges? Join us at the upcoming PlanTalk for a discussion on these issues with representatives from the City of Vancouver, City of Surrey, UBC Farm and BC Healthy Communities.
When: Monday, April 27, 2009 (6:30-9:00PM)
Appetizers and networking from 6:30-7:00, to be followed by presentations and discussion from 7:00-9:00.
Where: SFU Harbour Centre (Room 1600), 515 West Hastings Street
Featuring the following speakers:
• Samara Brock, Social Planner, Food Policy Staff Team member, City of Vancouver
• Mark Bomford, Program Coordinator Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm
• Mark Allison, Senior Policy Planner, City of Surrey
• Deirdre Goudriaan, Fraser Region Facilitator, BC Healthy Communities
• Paris Marshall-Smith, MA candidate, SCARP (moderator)
Cost: $20 PIBC Members/ $25 Non-PIBC Members/ $5 Students
PIBC PD Credits: This event will count for 2.0 CPD units for PIBC members.
How to RSVP: RSVP by email by Friday, April 24 to email@example.com