This weekend the UBC Botanical Gardens is hosting their annual Apple Festival. Come on out and
- Taste test different apple cultivars
- Munch on caramel apples
- Buy an apple tree to plant
- Check out the Bot Gardens
- Buy some apples to take home!
- Visit the Friends of the UBC Farm/UBC Farm booth where folks will be wearing GIANT APPLE COSTUMES!!!! Maybe they’ll let you wear one too….
The UBC Farm Heritage Orchard was designed, grafted and planted as a student Directed Studies project beginning in 2005. A sanctuary for apple culture, the orchard is composed of nearly 140 trees, including 60 varieties of apples and a handful of plums.
Come visit this urban agricultural gem for tours with the orchard’s founder Sarah Belanger on SATURDAY October 18: 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm at the UBC Farm! Unfortunately shuttle service is not available this year, but bicycles, foot and car traffic are welcome!