The 2008 Sowing Seeds for the Future Apprenticeship in Organic Agriculture is quickly drawing to an end, and we are now accepting applications for the 2009 program! It has been an incredible first season and we are looking forward to expanding and improving through our second year. By blending theory with practice, the Sowing Seeds Program offers aspiring growers a unique opportunity to gain the fundamental skills of organic agriculture.
If you are interested in learning more about the Sowing Seeds Apprenticeship there are a few options available:
1) Program and application information is available on the UBC Farm website. Our 10 page Program Overview document (found on our website) should answer most of your questions. You can also see photos of the 2008 program on our Flickr account.
2) Come visit us! We have a few information events scheduled in the coming weeks:
- Drop-in Open House: Saturday October 11, 2008, 3-6pm. Come on by, tour the site, meet Farm staff and the 2008 apprentices, and get your questions answered!
- If you cannot attend the Open House please contact Sarah (email@example.com) to register for a smaller program orientation. Depending on demand we will be offering orientations on Tuesday October 7, 5-6pm and/or Thursday October 9, 5-6pm. Participation in orientations is by registration only.
3) Contact us! If you cannot find the information you need on our website, please contact Sarah at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: 604-822-5092.
The Sowing Seeds Apprenticeship is Growing Growers :0)