Did you know that the UBC Farm has started a part-time, season-long Apprenticeship in small-scale organic agriculture? It’s true! We are now 4 months into our first 7 month program, and it has been amazing. Our fabulous Apprentices are finding their place within the UBC Farm Team, developing solid farming and gardening skills, and gaining a theoretical understanding through classes, workshops, and field experience. Come meet the Apprentices at one of our Saturday Farm Markets! Also, check out the 4 minute flick about the Sowing Seeds Apprenticeship now posted on the City Farmer website (starring Sarah Mac and Niki).
2009 COURSE LOGISTICS:
Interested in the 2009 Sowing Seeds Apprenticeship? Know someone who might be? Updated program information is coming! Read on…
– Course dates: Mid February-mid November 2009
– Course fee: Estimated at $2400. (Tuition may be subject to change, but all costs will be finalized prior to apprentice acceptance into the program)
– Program information: An updated 2009 Program Overview document will be posted on our website by August 16, 2008. Course details will change following feedback from our 2008 apprentices; Updated versions of the Program Overview will be posted in the fall of 2008.
– Applications: The 2009 application will be available on the UBC Farm website by Aug 16 2008. Applications will be accepted until October 15 2008 at 5pm.
– Capacity: We will be accepting 12 apprentices.
– Contact information: If you can’t find the info you need on our website, please contact Sarah Belanger at: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you out at the Farm, and thank you for supporting local agriculture and local education!