The annual celebration of food, community and the UBC Farm is coming up on Friday, Sept 16, 2011. We look forward to seeing new and familiar faces alike for a stompin’ good time featuring fresh local music, BBQ, corn on the cob, farm tours, children’s area, beverage garden and oh so much more!
Volunteers play an important role in ensuring the fun and success of the 9th Annual FarmAde. There are a wide range of volunteer tasks available from morning until evening on Sept 16. This year we are stepping it up a notch in our support of sustainable transportation and are currently seeking Shuttle Van Drivers
and assistance with coordinating a Bike Valet
service. Stay tuned for a list of additional, general volunteer positions, coming soon!FarmAde Volunteers receive a free one of a kind t-shirt along with meal and beverage tickets.
Please email Margaret at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you’d like to come on board as a shuttle van driver or bicycle valet volunteer! Feel free to drop me a line if you’re interested in general FarmAde volunteer opportunities as well.
Shuttle Van Drivers
- One of our most prestigious volunteer positions!
- Must be Age 25+ with a valid driver’s license
- Seeking 9 volunteer drivers
- Pick up and drop off FarmAde attendees through our free, on-campus shuttle van service
- Must attend a route orientation prior to the event
- Shifts available from 2:30-5pm, 5-7:30pm, and 7:30-10pm
a) Bicycle Valet Coordinator
- Must be available prior to FarmAde and on the day of the event
- Organize the printing of tickets to affix to bikes and distribute to bicycle owners at the valet entrance
- Coordinate bike parking attendant volunteers
- Solicit donations for a prize draw to offer cyclists (optional)
- Will be trained by our FarmAde Volunteer Coordinator
- Experience in volunteer coordination looks excellent on a resume! We are happy to provide a letter of reference to the well-suited candidate.
b) General Bicycle Valet Volunteers
- Responsible for receiving, monitoring and returning bikes at the Valet
- Shifts: 2:30-5pm, 4-6:30pm, and 6:30-9pm.
Read Full Post »